lafindboy's Fragments

just thought I'd post some poems and such.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

overweight, toothless, and happy

Friday, July 21, 2006

She's Gone

She died this morning

She was in the sweet company of people who loved her
And cared for her
Who could ask for more?

My brothers and sisters
And all their children
And all their children's children
Will gather to send her off

They will cry
And laugh,
They will join together
And their memories
Although very different
Will isolate and unite them in their grief
And celebration
Of this good, strong woman

I will not be there
All will be aware that I am absent
None will blame me...except me
I could have done better

My brother said this
When I spoke with him
"You are not alone..
..There's just nobody there"

The story of my life
Alone...but never lonely
Lonely..but never quite alone

She's gone now...this morning
And noone touches me
Noone holds me
Noone comforts me

Thank God...if there is one
for.......
Telephones