lafindboy's Fragments

just thought I'd post some poems and such.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

overweight, toothless, and happy

Monday, April 24, 2006

Snow


I loved playing outside
When I was boy
In Texas
The yard was a wonderful place
There were
Lizards
Toads
Caterpillars
Bees
Wasps
Fire Ants
Plagues of Crickets
Locusts
Mosquitoes
There were
Scorpions
Spiders
Snakes
It was wonderful
The sun was hot
You could fry an egg
(We did it)
On the sidewalk
That was life
As a boy
In Texas
Then
One day
One year
It snowed
The world was cold and white
And you could play in it
Slide on it
Roll it
Throw it
Build it
Dig it
What a treat
Then the sun did its’ thing
And it all
Melted
Away
Same day
I think that was
The first time
That
I felt…
Something was missing
The world was a much bigger place
And
There was snow in it!